THE VILLAGE OF WESTCLAY LOT 857
7,972 Finished Square Feet
Home Is Completed
Home was built as Rex Brown’s personal home & office in 2007, fully completed in 2008.
Authentic Craftsman, One-of-Kind Home,
Construction Completed 2008.
This Craftsman styled home was built as Rex Brown’s, the builder’s personal home & office in 2007-08 and now it’s available to purchase.
- The home was designed by Steve Goldberg, began construction in 2007, and was fully finished in early 2008 when Rex Brown, the builder moved his personally family into the home. The home has not changed hands, and is only now available for resale.
- The exterior is strictly designed in authentic Craftsman style specific to the post war era. The interior is fitted with some design elements of Craftsman with more emphasis on historical, classic, and midwestern timeless cues.
- The fit and finish of the interior was rigorously adjusted to meet the personal standards of the builder. Three different interior designers were employed to work though the selections, original decorating, and furniture/art selection. Each floor and every room has special features that blend modern-practical use with historical-timeless fashion. Quality of material and workmanship were top priorities throughout the building process.
RECENT UPDATES & SERVICE:
- Interior walls repainted throughout 1st and 2nd floors 2018 in Ben Moore Temporal Spirit color.
- Window treatments and some built-in furniture updated 2018.
- The routine service requirements of all HVAC, plumbing equipment has been dutifully kept current.
- Main floors’ built-in lighting to LED 3000K color.
- Water softener replaced in 2010. R/O filters replaced in 2018. Back up sump system and 2 pumps replaced in 2018.
- Alarm update for software and WIFI connection in 2017.
STRUCTURE & FIREPLACE:
- Full basement with 10’ poured foundation walls with x2 sumps and battery back-up sump system with separate drain (with alarms).
- All concrete in the foundation is reinforced with steel.
- Window wells at rear of basement are reinforced poured concrete with footings and drains all finished with matching pavers.
- The great room fireplace is a traditional full-masonry custom site-built wood burning fireplace with gas starter with built-in flue door and custom made iron face doors.
- The stone is natural, full bed-depth and installed with mortar mesh backer. Siding is cement based in authentic over-sized lap siding and shake style.
- All windows are Anderson brand 400 Series with: clad exterior and Low-E glass, all designed to exacting architectural standards. Low-E is saves energy and prevents UV damage to finishes and furniture.
- The front door is 3’-6” wide and 8’ tall made from solid cherry, and was custom designed by Steve Goldberg and built in a local door workshop.
- The roofing material is Lifetime Owens Corning brand Dimensional shingles installed over a layer of ice and water shield covering the entire building, and aluminum roof drip edge is installed around all perimeter. Low pitch areas at fireplace chase and dormer have custom install copper roofs.
- Patios and main front walk are finished with solid brick pavers over mortar with concrete poured base.
- Concrete driveway is custom stamped in solid-colored reinforced concrete with matching paver border.
- All turf is fully irrigated with automatic sprinkler system.
- Rear paver patio with sitting walls and steps features a gas-supplied fire pit.
- Front and rear porches that total over 1000 sq ft of outdooring living space finished with paver floors, car siding ceilings, include built-in speakers with wall controls, a connection for hot tub, hose bibs, and ceiling fans.
- The front Porte Cochere adds an authentic historical yet very practical feature for guest parking and outdoor activities.
- The front porch and Porte Chochere have holiday plugs and hooks for lights that are connected to wall switch at front door.
- Exterior lighting has dimmers at all locations.
COMFORT & HAVC & ENERGY CONSERVATION:
- All floor and walls spaces are filled with insulation, including all floor framing and wall framing to reduce noise transmission within home and from exterior.
- HVAC: The home has (2) systems with a zone on 2nd floor that feature: variable speed fans speed, high efficiency heat pumps, furnaces, ACs, and humidifiers. The 2nd floor has a zone system for main living for bedrooms in front and office space in rear with both areas having thermostats in each area. The main floor thermostat is located just outside the master bedroom. At the time the home was built, there was no higher efficiency system available.
- The home utilizes (2) tank-less water heaters. One serves the home for water, and the other for heating the basement floor.
- The basement floor has water coils under concrete throughout the finished space to maintain constantly warm floor and provide heating for the living space; the thermostat is located in the billiards room.
- The home is plumbed with a hot water recirculation system that pumps water around the two main floors to allow 100F water at all locations within 5-10 seconds.
- A salt-based water softener and reverse osmosis (R/O) drinking water system is located in the unfinished basement room and is included in the home. All of the interior water is softened; all the exterior water is hard.
- R/O water is plumbed and has service to: wet bar ref, main kit ref, kit pot filler, kit wet bar faucet, mst vanity, and office wet bar.
- All main floor and 2nd floor light bulbs and built-in lighting have been updated to LED in 3000K color range.
- The home’s electrical service is 400 Amp with the main panel in east garage and another sub panel in center furnace room.
- Special care was taken in laying out lighting, switches, and plugs to make the living experience ideal. Switches are smartly placed and plugs are located in many unique locations, many with wall switches. Study and great room have switched floor plugs for table lamps.
- Most main floor major lighting areas have dimmers.
ALARM, NETWORK, AUDIO-VIDEO, MEDIA:
- The original installer for alarm, integration, and audio/video is available for adjustments and tutorials.
- The home’s built-in custom alarm features: cameras at front and garage service door, keypads at west garage entry and mst bedroom hall, coverage for glass breaks and window contacts in basement, water sensors and sump level sensors, all main floor windows and doors, and fire/smoke detection. The alarm is currently being monitored and connects via WIFI.
- The home has a high-level of integrated hard-wiring for office connection and integration. The main hub for the Alarm and Network is located in the large office room.
- Media is hardwired throughout the home with main source hub in basement in center mechanical room. Media equipment source sharing is hardwired from basement to: wet bar, gym, great room, mst bath but can be expanded.
- Audio speakers with wall volume controls are located: front and rear porches, kitchen/great room.
- The lower level media room is set-up for full theater sound with 7 speakers and TV. All are included in the home.
- In the lower level gathering area at wet bar, there are more high-output (very loud) speakers with volume control at wet bar. This “dance” area also includes fun features: karaoke set-up, disco ball rough-in, smoke machine rough-in.
MAIN (1ST) FLOOR:
- The main floor has hardwood throughout that is a pre-finished engineered maple.
- The rear entry, mud room, and laundry room flooring is natural slate.
- The mst bathroom is finished in marble.
- All the cabinetry throughout the home is top-shelf, highly custom, and finished to exacting standards. Each cabinet was specifically designed for its purpose and special finish.
- Kitchen appliances are built-in with: Thermador brand dual fuel gas/electric double oven with multi-burners w/ super simmer feature and griddle. The range hood has (2) fans and vents to exterior. The main refrigerator in kitchen is a 48” built-in Thermador brand.
- The stairs to basement, to 2nd floor at foyer and rear entry are finished with sold cherry treads and rails. The office stairs off rear entry are finished with custom inlay tile.
- The dining table, banquet, and china cabinets were custom designed and built for the home. The table is mahogany with tile inlay. The banquet is built in (2) parts for easy moving.
- Custom glass was designed and made for the home in: dining windows, kitchen built-ins, 2nd floor rear windows in bath and hall, basement door and wet bar.
UPPER (2ND) FLOOR:
- The 2nd floor is designed for family living in front with (3) oversized bedrooms and walk-in closets. Two of the bedrooms share a bath with (3) vanities, and the third bedroom has a private bath.
- The rear section of the 2nd floor is finished to have a work-from-home office with direct outside entry from service door and stairs and connects to the east garage. (3) rooms and a half-bath make up the 1000 sq ft of office. The main conference room features a built-in wet bar and integrated wiring for media display.
LOWER LEVEL (BASEMENT):
- The concrete floor is custom finished with (3) colors of concrete stain and cut and filled with blended mortar.
- The media room finishes were all custom designed and built locally.
- The wet bar is semi-commercial for high demand use with ice storage and speed rail.
- The fully finished 4-car garage is set-up in two sections where the west garage is oversized with 18” wide x 8’ tall door with space for homeowner use with ref/freezes circuit, built-in shelves, wall protection.
- The east garage has 9’ wide x 8’ tall doors, electric heat with wall thermostat, and is very deep with access directly to office and has a service door to rear of home.
- The garage doors are custom designed and built with cedar exterior, stained to match home. All have openers and wall mounted walk-up keypad.
- The basement has one unfinished room for storage and the 2nd floor had (2) walk-in attics with plywood flooring for unconditioned safe-storage. Another large conditioned closet is located in the 2nd floor loft.
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS SHALL STAY WITH HOME:
- All fully installed, fastened to walls/floor/ceilings or mechanically connected appliances and features, all of media room equipment and wet bar equipment, and all: window treatments, fixtures, lighting, appliances (x3 full size ref, x1 under cabinet ref, x2 wine chillers).
- Exceptions as follows: wall art, dining room table & banquet, murphy bed in study, hot tub.
- Note: the gray colored office furniture drawers with counter top in larger office room that are partially installed are included with home.
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE AVAILABLE TO PURCHASE WITH HOME:
- All furniture including the free-standing office desks, lamps, rugs, art, dining room table/banquet, murphy bed in study, basement gaming items and furniture such as pool table/ping pong/foosball/darts/table/chairs, and the hot tub.